Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What would it take for you to call a person a bad parent?

So what would make you call a person a bad parent? I know i will probably get alot of varied answers and i wanted to get what people's opinions are. For me, I think a person would be a bad parent if they didn't spank heir kids when they were little or if they didn't accept their kid for who they are.What would it take for you to call a person a bad parent?
spanking wont kill the child.


when i become a parent, i will spank my children on the bottom.


however, i will never hit them across the face, or anywhere else but their butt.


a bad parent in my eyes is a parent who gives into their children, does not use time out, or does not effecteviely discipline their child.


there are SO many forms of bad parents.


good luck :)








P.S-- i think kids who are not potty-trained by age four are going to be a very embarassed individual.


considering going to school and all...What would it take for you to call a person a bad parent?
Someone who uses implement like whips and cords etc to hit their child, that is abuse, a simple smack on the bum I think all children probably should get when naughty as a small child, but to use things like horsewhips and things like that is just worng. but the one thing that pees me off the most is these mothers out there (sorry Dad's too but more so one woman I know) who had 1 child and wouldn't care for her properly, then had another and things got even worse and she would lock her older girl up in the bedroom (at 3yrs old) and leave the baby (crawling stage) crawl all over a filthy floor in the most disgusting nappy ever, so full of pee and poop that it dragged off the baby's bottom on the floor it was that full, and can't be bothered to toilet train either one at all, just leaving them innappies and not changing them, I would wait until the mother went outside for a smoke and change the girls nappies, the youngest one always had the most severe nappy rash I have seen in my life. poor thing, children's services were called several times but no one ever came outto check, even now people are still reporting her.. It's BS she even had another kid to someone else and god only knows how bad things are now. she always takes care of herself and ALWAYS neglects the kids and they are always filthy and in clothes too small for them, seriously she doesn't deserve to have children, father of 1st 2 is trying to get things together to get custody of them, and alot of people are going to back him up.. People like this woman should never be allowed to reproduce.
I guess I'm half bad parent, then. I do accept my children for who they are - people who trust me to teach them what they need to learn %26amp; who will probably take a while to learn it, making mistakes along the way. So, I can't imagine hitting them when they do make those mistakes. Little or big.





For me, it's a parent who does not take their job as their child's teacher as a great responsibility %26amp; who does not treat their child with respect as another human being, just as deserving of respect as any other person, including themselves.
I feel a bad parent is one who doesn't appropriately discipline or who mistakes abusive/authoritarian techniques with discipline... I also feel a bad parent is one who sacrifices their child for their own desires-having a big house, their ';dream job';, a social life, etc... one who neglects their child's physical or emotional needs is also a bad parent.


Also, my father was. He NEVER explained why I was in trouble, preached the ';do as I say, not as I do'; philosophy, and when I asked why I had to do or not do certain things, he only said ';because I said so...';-ALL of which I have changed in my own parenting. Not to mention, unlike my father, I am NOT always right, am not the victim when my kids act up or smart mouth and own what I';m wrong about when I lose my cool or whatever....
Im a bad parent in your eyes so this probably wont count for much since i refuse to spank my children EVER. But for me a bad parent is the parent who refuses to understand that they are not 100% correct all the time. That another parent has the right to decide how to be a parent and can be a good parent with opposing views. And a parent who thinks stereotyping all children is a good idea (for example all children should be potty trained by 2).
i think a bad parent is one who never disciplines their children. or one that sets a bad example, ie fighting in front of children, being down right rude or one who just give's them material goods and no love.
Spanking your children? ever heard of child abuse dumbass
My husbands father, he was always right whether they were his children or not, you could never disagree with him, we had a horse out at his place that my husband went out twice a day to take caare of and work with we brought all the hay and feed and didn't complain when he went through alot more hay and feed than he should because they were using the stuff we brought when they got low and they had 15 horses, his father would get mad and pull knives and threaten to kill my husband for any little thing that he percieved that my husband did wrong, he had a 17 year old son that he used to knock around for the littlest things, and i don't meen love taps I'm talking closed fist punches and throwing the kid through doors, until he ran away and became a ward of the state. He pulled a knife on my husband for the last time a day before fathers day three years ago, in front of our boy and the poor kid had nightmares that he was going to come in at night and kill everyone, when my husband told me what he did I called the police I had enough, he told the police that we had 12 hours to get our horse off the property and a van that we had that we needed to get plated again, we found a man to buy the horse for $175 even though he was worth much more and my husbands father refused to let him have the horse unless he gave the money to him because he claimed that my husband owed him boarding costs, he pulled our van out to the side of the road and dumped it there with the keys in it luckily one of their neighbors knew where we lived and brought it to our apartment complex and refused to give us our kids toys that were still there because my husband was there to get them when his father pulled the knife, our kids had no toys at our new place, (my husband's sister got them back for us). That is the worst parent in the world. My husband only speks to him on the phone because they moved to Texas and we live in Indiana I refuse to speak to the man or his wife I won't answer the phone when they call and our kids do not speak to them, becuse if my son hears his voice he has nightmares again. This is actually light compared to some of the stuff that they did, there is to much to list.

No comments:

Post a Comment