Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is this true let's say you have a parent and your parent was?

treated a certain way growing up for instance her parents or guardians hide things from them or didn't give them something they needed.





Now your parents raising you the same way they were treated by their parents, for example hiding certains things for you not to use. Can't that be a reflection of what was done to your parents for them to treat you like that.Is this true let's say you have a parent and your parent was?
Yes. Often the behavior we see in our parents is reflective of the way they were treated while growing up. Unless there was another strong parental influence in their lives, your parents are basically reenacting their childhoods with you. It happens to the best of us. Even if we state we will not be like our parents, we end up acting like them eventually. I said that I was not going to be like my mother when I was growing up. Now, I have begun to notice small similarities between us. It's not always a bad thing. But it is difficult to shake that trend.Is this true let's say you have a parent and your parent was?
That's a really simplified version of the truth. It's definitely a possibility, because the biggest model for someone who is a parent are the people they watched when they were a kid (and by that I mean, their parents). But that doesn't mean that everything that parents do is the same as what their parents do! It's just one factor that plays into how people learn to do one of the most difficult tasks in life.
it is unfair and unfortunate that our parents raise us the same way that they were. they can't always figure it out that somethings that was good for them isn't good for us. times change people chang as it has been said many millions of times. we need to keep up with the times. conservatives people don't like to change and are too afraid to change or make changes. most conservatives believe that if it's not broken, don't fix it.


anyway, when it comes time for you to raise your children if there is something that doesn't seem right than change it. try to remember your parents and what they did about it. then remember how this mad you feel. after that you should be able to safely make your changes. by the way it makes no sense to try and analise what your parents went though with their parents. you have to remember that these people didn't use their brains as much as we do now.
I'm a bit confused, but I've always made a conscientious effort NOT to raise my child the way I was raised, in any way. It's now normal for me to not do the things or react the way my parents did (even though the instinct pops in my head immediately) and I hope my son learns that.
I don't get what they could be hiding from you that you NEED to use. Maybe you should grow up, get a job, and buy your own things. If your parents don't want you to use something that is theirs, then you should get over it and respect their wishes.
yes it's true. but only because they think that everyone was treated like that, and that it was normal to treat them like that. yes, i think it's unfair that they do that.
Sure, my dad got spoiled, so do I. But with my mom, it's not really opposite from how she was raised but it's a lot different. Her parents were stingy (sin-gee?) and my mom is a little and has a hard time spending $75 on a tshirt for me, but my dad doesn't.
yes, but it isnt as likely as it is said to be


theres sometimes its the way someone is raised, and everyone else is like that


but its not usually a continuing trait
probably. you should bring your concerns to your parents. stop the cycle try not to repeat these mysterious behaviors with your kids.
sounds like you figured it out...whatever their hiding must have a tabooo meaning to it
sounds like a vicious cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment