Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can anybody tell me the Parent's Name of Shravan Kumar of Ramayana?

Shravan Kumar is a character of ancient time Hindu epic ';Ramayana';.Can anybody tell me the Parent's Name of Shravan Kumar of Ramayana?
Their names were not given in the epic. it just says that they were blind and frail. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article鈥?/a>Can anybody tell me the Parent's Name of Shravan Kumar of Ramayana?
it is belived that name of shravan's father was SHANTVAN and mother's name was GYANVATI


u can refer to the book-


Shrawan Kumar (The worthy son) By B.K. Chaturvedi

Report Abuse



Dear Friends!!


I know their Name.....


Shravan Kumar's Father's Name was Shantvan Kumar Sharma


Mother's Name was Gyanvati S. Sharma and


Sister was Vidyavati Sharma (After marriage Vidyavati Narbada Shankar)


So Tanuj is absolutely right....

Report Abuse



Sorry, I cannot find it anywhere..I tried to research it but after a couple of dozen sites, they all refer to his parents as just that ';his parents';. The story is a legend, part of the cultures mythologies so I am guessing that the parents were not given a name because it had nothing to do with the concept of the story, which is be devoted to your parents. I'll keep looking and if I come across it I will re-post the answer, and if you happen to find out please post it because now I need to know! :)

2 comments:

  1. i believe the name of of sravan kumar's parents are father is vaisha and his name is shantanu and his mother is sudhra and her name is Gyanwati,,,

    ReplyDelete