Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Did you grow up in a single parent home (for whatever reason)? Are you a single parent? ?

Did it have a negative effect on you or your child by not having both parents?Did you grow up in a single parent home (for whatever reason)? Are you a single parent? ?
i came from a broke up home and i turned out great i am married with 5 kids and a great husband.. my family who did raise me did a great job.. i don't think it matters how you were brought up .. Did you grow up in a single parent home (for whatever reason)? Are you a single parent? ?
yup. when i was 3-4 my dad moved out


it effected my childhood ALOT cuz i never had a father figure or someone to protect me


also, i got raped when i was 5, and my dad wasnt there when it happened


i always think that never wouldve happened if my dad stayed :(


%26lt;3
I was raised by my father and feel I'm much better off. My mother was definitely not ready for the commitment and didn't have the maturity needed for having a child (I was adopted so they made the choice that they were ready), which was very clear to me every time I saw her. My father taught me how to be independent, and he treated me like an adult and exposed me to anything possible early on so I was fully prepared to be a successful adult when the time came.
i grew up with my dad so far, my mom left me, i guess to party and things, but yeah. whatever.
I was a single mother for years because my husband decided he didn't believe in monogamy and left when our daughter was 9. I was pretty much a single mother since she was born, since he couldn't be bothered to do anything with her even before he left.





Yes, I do think it had a negative effect on our daughter.
Hi. I live in a single parent home with my Mom and my younger sister. My parents got divorced on December 26, when I was in the 7th grade. My parents divorce was long and bitter, it lasted almost 2 years, was fought completely over money, and had many negative effects on my life. When my Mom started to work full time, I had to take responsibility over my sister. At 12 years old, I had to feed her, make her bathe, help her with her homework, and put her to bed at night. Now, I am unable to do after school activities because I have no way of getting home, and I can't constantly ask people for rides. When I broke my leg, I had to have my friend's Mom go out of her way every afternoon to drive me home, because my Mom was unable to. I have also struggled from depression. I'm not sure if that is because of this or not, but I thought I would add that. However, if you are in an abusive relationship, you need to get out.
When i was 13 my parents got divorced. I'm going to be 16 this March. Before they got divorced things were bad at home. My dad wasn't home ever. I think it's for the better because now my mom his happier and I live with her. I see my dad quite often. It has had a positive effect on me.
well i really dont have parents so im with my grandma. well i get kinda depressed that their gone but thats it.
I have a friend who is 14 and has a single parent [her mom]. they are both strong and can sustain their lives in the home of her grandparents. Although she is fine without a father figure there is still and empty spot in which could never be replaced and i understand that for her. So basically it depends on how you raise them up to be. Strong and thinking positive or sad going out looking for a mate leaving your child home with the grandparents causing her/him to be confussed or sad. hope i helped, and i didn't give her name in protection of her identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment