Thursday, May 13, 2010

How old do I have to be to move out of my parent's?

Ok I have a big problem. I live in a house that is really bad. I am basically scared everyday whether or not I am going to get the crap beaten out of me. I sleep on the couch because I have no bedroom. And well, alot of other really bad stuff. I am 17. Can I move out of my parents house now? I live in florida. I want to just move out without calling DCF into it or anything. Do any of you know anything about all that? I need parental consent to be emancipated...which I think is kind of pointless considering what the point of the law is. Help anyone?How old do I have to be to move out of my parent's?
If you have a relative to go live with, go. If you are finished with high school you could join the military.How old do I have to be to move out of my parent's?
I think you can do whatever you want. The only obstical you could face is that people may not be keen to rent to you since you are so young. If you got a place to go though go for it. You can always try www.craigslist.com it worked for my wife and I. Also talk to your friends about renting out a room from them. Best of luck to you and remember that if you believe in yourself the world will too.
Can you hang in for one more year until you're 18?





If you can't, see about rooming with another close relative, like an aunt or uncle or cousin.
I ran away when i was 17 and lived in some bad places. You are in a hell of a predicament. I had to steal to eat and deal to pay for medication but there are people out there willing to help you. Do what you can to survive then build up and make something of this mess of a live you have.


P.s the couch is better than nothing
until u are married.. in other counties





But, U.S.A when u are 18..
that suck dude, if i was you i would just call social services, or join the Navy, or live with relatives, or call the freakkin cops on them, just get out safely and legally and as fast as possible, because those people don't deserve crap and you don't deserve the crap you are doing through right now. this is a hard one to call, or you can just wait it out for the next year till your 18, other else than that there is the navy, social services, church (they will help anyone), or relatives, or special programs in big cities (they will help anyone)
A child can move out of his parents house after 16. He can be emancipated, but you have to have a job, a place to live. At least in Florida.
If you can't do emancipation then it's age 18. But, before you move out make sure you have a place to go and a way to get income, or be educating yourself and working part time weekends and evenings. Whatever you do, find someone you can trust to stay with (maybe a female, an aunt, a female cousin), and keep moving forward. Till you're 18 just stay low, don't sass, and mind your own business.





Certainly if you're beaten and can't take it maybe you can report that to the police if you already have a place to move out to. That will, of course start more problems at home if the police don't take your part in the situation. I figure if they call DCF you'd be there just a year, but probably without direction.
You need to be 18.
depends on what state u are in and the laws. some staes allow u to get imancipated when u are 16. if u have a job and live ina half way house or some place with some kinda adult supervison.

No comments:

Post a Comment