Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What does ';lack of social or emotional reciprocity'; mean in the DSM-IV? I'm not a student, just a parent who?

needs to know about the diagnosis of autism for my child.What does ';lack of social or emotional reciprocity'; mean in the DSM-IV? I'm not a student, just a parent who?
Limited or inappropriate in responses to others or not offers comfort to others. For example, when my friend's boyfriend had cheated on her or done something that upset her (I don't remember) I was able to understand that she was sad, but I didn't know how I was supposed to comfort her. I didn't know if it was appropriate to cry with her, make a joke, or just be silent. This website gives more examples at the bottom of the page.What does ';lack of social or emotional reciprocity'; mean in the DSM-IV? I'm not a student, just a parent who?
not returning/acting upon social cues and not responding with correct emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment