Thursday, May 13, 2010

What do you think is the hardest part about being a parent?

seeing my children hurt or disappointed and knowing it's just part of life and that I can't fix everything or take away every pain. It's heartbreaking.What do you think is the hardest part about being a parent?
I think the hardest part of being a parent is wondering if the mistakes you made as a parent will effect thier lifes in a bad influence.





The wondering if you made the right descisions on things and was it the best ect..





The other thing I think is hard is to see them hurt or disappointed and know that I can't put a bandiade on it and kiss it all better.... they have to make it better.





I ALSO think that this will change the older they get i will worry about different things and maybe find other things more challenging, but it is all worth every minute....What do you think is the hardest part about being a parent?
I think the hardest part of being a parent is how you know if you are doing the right thing or being the best you can be.


It is very tough when you think you overreacted or didn't handle a situation right. Parents beat themselves up thinking and wondering if they handle things right.


To help me through it, I remind myself that no matter what, my daughter loves me and respects me. I also remind myself that I will make mistakes and all in all, every action and reaction are combined to make our child who they are.


You should know that we have a huge margin for error and will still have a good kid.
Like Melissa has stated, it is letting them do what is not completely safe, when your instinct wants to protect them.





The other hard thing is dealing with the teenage hormones and all that goes with it. My wife and I thought that babies were hard work, but now that all the kids are grown we realise that getting them through the teenage years is much more challenging and then you have to let them choose their path. It may not be what you would have wanted, but that is why it is their path.





I have one that is intent on racing motocross and supercross for a living. My wife and I have nursed him through so many broken bones that it is ridiculous. It certainly wasn't our choice for him and we only purchased a pw50 for the kids to have fun with. Friends talked us into joining a bike club and the next thing we know our son is racing nationally. It is his choice and his path and we are just along for the ride.





So that is the hardest part, knowing when to let go.
Not knowing if the decisions you make really are the best, or if they are the worst possible thing you could do.





I know many many parents who made decisions or did things that they thought were the best things they could be doing.. But in reality, were the worst thing they possibly could have done. I honestly have not been there, as most of you know I am just the nanny. I spend more time with them than their parents do, but I am not the one making those kinds of decisions. However, I do know that the things my mom did with me thinking it was what was best was in reality the worst, and the same thing happened with my aunt and her son. And that is what trully scares me about being a parent to my own children.
Discipline, definately. the fine line between being too harsh or not harsh enough. It's also hard seeing them sick knowing there is only so much you can do to comfort them....also knowing that every life decision you make affects them as much as you...whether good or bad, always something to keep in mind.
♥Well first when I was pregnant with our twin girls and my husband was over in Iraq the whole 9months I was pregnant. He got home a week before I had the twins.





♥ Second would be trying to get enough sleep.





♥ Making sure that the kids and me and my husband are taking care of too.
Seeing my kids sick. My son right now has an awful cold and I just wish that I could take it away from him and make it me that was sick. He is such a sweet little boy and I hate to see him this way. I know that he's suffering and I can't really take it away from him.
My son is 2 years old and to see him hurt by his father saying he going to come and see him two days a week but never shows up. I stopped telling my son that we going to see his father because Im sick and tired of my son crying.
The fact that I could get deployed at anytime.I want to spend every minute with them which is hard.I also do not like seeing them disappointed.
no more ME time its all about the kids/ you really can be selfish anymore because its not about you





but i wouldn't change it for the world
Trying to keep the kids from screaming and acting out when they don't get what they want.
mine has been seeing my son go to Afghanistan for his 3rd tour, the rest has been so so easy compared to that
Having to be there for your child 100% despite how you're feeling in yourself.
The worrying! I thought it would be easier the older my kids got - boy was I wrong! !3 and 16 and major worries.
The constant worry. It doesn't ever totally go away, no matter how old they get.
Daily: finding more patience when the reservoir runs out.
When they are sick. My one year old son has a ear infection and he cries even with the medicine. It breaks my heart.
Being consistent and patient
Seeing my daughter hurt or crying
  • skin care cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment