Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do you ever have times when you feel like a bad parent?

Yes here lately I have felt like a crappy mom. My sons been acting out for some strange reason, and just wont listen to me whatsoever. So I've been on edge for about 5 days now. So I really feel like a bad mom at the moment. I even had to take him to my mothers yesterday so I could have some me time. I don't know why but that always makes me feel like I bad mom, I guess I feel like I can't handle him or something. We all have those moments, were not perfect, and I think it makes it harder on us if we try to be perfect!Do you ever have times when you feel like a bad parent?
yupp


i have those





like when i just dont have the engery to get up off the couch and paly with him





or i dont change his diaper rite away





or his face is dirty for to long





or i dont wipe the boogers rite away





or becuase hes 9 months old and feeds himself even tho my mom isits i still have to feed him





or when i have to hold him down to change him or give him medicine





yea as u see i have them alotDo you ever have times when you feel like a bad parent?
I have been having loads of these moments lately.


I know I am *not* a bad parent, because my son is so healthy and clever and strong and happy, but at the same time, I always wonder why effect my behaviour now is going to have on him in the long term.


My younger brother just died tragically, and my son and I are staying at my Mum's, which is 4000 kilometres from 'home' - home is presently my SIL's house, because we are house hunting.


I feel terrible not providing him with a stable environment during these crucial early years, and for unsettling him so often (We had just gotten back into a good routine when all this happened and we had to come home to Mum's) and now he is not sleeping again, is sick from the climate change, and has redeveloped seperation anxiety with a vengenance.


Some days I just cry and I am finding it really hard to pretend I am OK and be a good Mum for my son.


But I'll get through it - I'm a tough cookie :) and so is my beautiful, adapatable, clever little boy.
absolutely! I don't think that you will have a hard time finding fellow mamas that have felt bad about their parenting at one time or another. I am a newly-single mom of a 4 yr old, 2.5 yr old, and due with girl #3 in 8 days, so I feel that I probably feel bad about the way I handle things more often than many moms! I have to keep telling myself that I am doing the very best that I can with what I have. My children are wonderful and I love them with all that I have...it is ME that needs to keep working on ';things'; in order to relate to them better.


Just take a time out from the kids from time to time and reflect on what you can do better next time...it's normal to have insecurities about your parenting skills.


Good luck!
Yep... I just went back to work and there are days where I feel like I just don't give him the attention he needs. I work from home and he sits in the bouncy and we talk the entire time, but I still feel bad that I am not constantly playing with him. I really feel bad when he is playing by himself, even though he is extremely happy playing with his mobile or whatever he is doing at the moment. I know he is happy and thriving when he looks up and grins at me with that big gummy smile. Melts my heart every time :-)
ever mother at some point may feel like they shouldnt have or should have did something different, but it is about staying strong and changing the bad experiences around the next time something happens or period, change the bad thoughts into something postive and see wut can be done better. its natural !!!!!!!
Yes, he's my first so I constantly think I don't know what I am doing but it's really normal which is why everyone and their mama try to give new parents advice:)! It is good when you questions things because it means you really care to do the best for them.
Yes!! Like 1 time,I was at the park with Aaron and I looked away from him for 1 sec. to answer my cell phone and when I looked back,he was gone! So I was running around screaming ';AARON!!'; ';Where is AARON?!'; But then a man said ';s that him?'; And yes it was! There he was under the bench! I felt like a horrible mom!!!
The real question is, 'do you ever feel like a good parent?' Most parents are full of doubt and question themselves. Not to worry, you are as normal as it gets.
Yup. Like now, my poor little one doesn't feel good. She is sleeping. I wish I could make her feel better.
yeah. I loose my cool kind of easily and always feel bad for not being patient enough. I really try though!

No comments:

Post a Comment