Thursday, May 13, 2010

How did you tell your parent/s that you are pregnant?

Please help!How did you tell your parent/s that you are pregnant?
Hi grandma and grandpa.How did you tell your parent/s that you are pregnant?
I told my mom before my dad because she is the one who incouraged me. She was extremely happy. (First time grandmother)





My dad on the other hand... I called him a few weeks before I had used the ovulation kit and told him my plans after asking him not to yell at me for what I was going to be saying. I had to verify myself because my step sister was already pregnant and he was against it pretty much 100% due to her being irresponsible, not married, ect..








My dad has had a hard time excepting my lifestyle.. I'm a lesbian who is making a child with another person of the same sex and I am still in my 20's. I knew this would probably kill him. Infact though, he did take it pretty well.. Now I don't know what he did AFTER he hung up.. but he didn't show it to me and that is all that matters. The day I got my positive result he was in OK state and I didn't leave a message... The next few days passed by and he called me back and asked what I had wanted. I told him flat out and he said he pretty much expected it.





Now he is trying to help with the baby shower that is January 4th and he seems to be very interested. He also has been taking care of my stepsister's baby on days that she needs a babysitter and that is shocking to me. I think he will be a good Ojiisan. I hope so!





Overall... Telling them was pretty hard but their reactions have given me comfort.
My parents are the relaxed, easy going type so when I found out that I was pregnant I was not worried at all. I knew that they would be more worried for me than upset. When my mother came home I sat her down on the couch and said I have something for you, so when she reached out her hand I gave her my pregnancy test. But with the pops I just simply sat down next to him on the bench outside and told him that I was pregnant. The key is to answer their questions as long as you are comfortable. It just realy depends if they are strict or not. I hope all goes well for you! Good Luck
For me, my mother in law was the one that told my mom. She had just assumed that I was pregnant and told everyone-I didn't have the chance to share the good news-I was sooooo upset. What I was going to do was just call and tell them and once they knew I wanted to send them a picture of the ultrasound.
i made a silly mistake and told my mom first and my husband and i went and had it confirmed the next day at the doctor and as soon as we walked in the house everybody already knew i was pregnant... so when we announced it nobody acted that surprised, but they were happy!!!!!!
set them both down and tell them you need to talk to them.


and just tell them that you are pregnant with so and so.


if you have a a plan, then you need to tell them about your plan also or if you dont have one then you need to ask them to help you.
I told my mom in private because I wasnt sure how she would react or what she would say. She ended up being really excited about it. My spouse and I drove 2 hours to meet up with my Father %26amp; his wife to announce ';were expecting'; and it went over great. They were so happy for us.





As for my spouse, he told his family over the phone because they were so far away. So nothing too special in our case, but its fun to be creative when coming up with ways of telling them.
I’ll assume that you are still a minor and living with your parents:


Just do it Juno style. Find the support and guidance of a friend or family member and tell your parents directly. They will be far madder if you withhold it than if you say it sooner.


Hope everything works out
I called my mom and told her that I got a positive pregnancy test...I was shocked that I was *really* pregnant (it was so surreal) and I think I followed up with ';.....but I'm gonna get a digital just to make sure';





With my dad I told him over the phone too. I just said ';Oh, guess what..I'm pregnant.';
Well, are you looking for a cute way to surprise them or are you breaking bad news to them?





I think a cute way would be to pick up a ';world's best grandma'; mug or something at hallmark and have her over for coffee :)
Well how old are you? If you're still in high school, I'd say there's a pretty good chance your parents aren't going to be that happy. But if you're older they would probably be thrilled to have a grandchild.
i would tell my mom first, and have her help me break it to my dad,


i would be kind of afraid that my dad would want to kill my boyfriend.
one of my friends sisters got a merry christmas grandpa card for their dad.. that worked





or if you are young and not married or anything then i would just spit it out, it will all be better that way
I found out on parents anniversary that I was pregnant and I walked up to them and said Hey mom dad I'm pregnant whats for dinner??
is this bad news?





if so then theres really no easy way, just say i have something i need to talk to you about, a very serious thing. then be straight forward
Are you like under 18??


I dont even want to think about it the first place cuz if i tell them they would basically kill me lol


if your over 19 then your old enuf and you dont have to worry lol





Good luck!
If you go to a university or college you should go to your bookstore and get them ';so and so'; University Grandma/Grandpa.
I was 18 and I was scared, but I just set them down and told them. I felt so much better because I didn't have that stress anymore.
Well...i ordered a pan of butt pizza and shared it with them as we watched a home made video of how i got pregnant.
you say: hey, mom dad umm.. im guna have a kid anyways im going out bye see ya later! and then run out the door before they kill you
You should have thought about that before you had unprotected sex. Now you will just have to tell them straight up.
I din't. cuz I'm not. I could never do anything so severe w/o having them on my case...
Very simple. Just say Mom, dad im pregnant i know your angry but that what young adults do these days
mom i'm pregnant


and i haven't told my dad or boyfriends mom either
sit down with the boy or one of your family members that you trust that u knw they would stick up for u and tell them!
just plain out say, ';Mom, Dad Im pregnant';
We need more details: age, situation with the guy, etc.
i sent them a text message.
Just tell them how it all started.


Get PLAN B
hey i got knocked up......
sit down with them and just tell them they will understand

No comments:

Post a Comment