Thursday, May 13, 2010

If I am a single parent is it right for me to ask help from my family ?

Not everyday but once in a while - I was paying my sister in law for babysitting - but can no longer do so.If I am a single parent is it right for me to ask help from my family ?
ABSOLUTELY!!!! You need all the help you can get! I was single with 3 kids~!





After a while, they were sick of helping me. Don't abuse their help.





My kids get babysat for up to 2 hours a week at our local Family Connection Center, see if there's one in your area. Check with government listings.If I am a single parent is it right for me to ask help from my family ?
Yes it is okay, you say that it isn't often but once in a while, yes, it is totally acceptable, if you don't ask for it, you won't get it. Pride is great but being humble helps also, just mention to your sister-in-law the situation and see if some type of batter system can be set up, maybe you can babysit for her or something else. Just know that no good deed goes unnoticed and make sure to repay, in case you need that person again. God Bless.
That's what family is for. Just don't abuse it.
go for it. family is usually understanding if you tell them straight up what is going on and don't lie. I give you credit for doing what you can though...good luck
i used to be a single parent before i remarried. i tried not to ask my mom and dad for help while i was putting myself through school. Because they wanted to see me succeed, they were very willing to help out. if your family really loves you they will help out without complaining or insult. as hilary says it takes a village to raise a family.
i was a single mom for 5 years and the only way i made it through was from the help of my family and friends. dont be afraid to ask for help it doesnt make you a failure it would only mean that your that good of a mom to lower you pride and ask for help its hard to do but if thats the only way your going to make it. just remeber to be there in the future for them if they need you. cant you get child care help through the state agencies
I wouldn't so much ';ask for help'; as to tell your sister in law in a very apologetic way that you simply can't afford to pay her for babysitting for awhile and ask her if that's okay. It's really not something that she can say no to and still feel like a decent person. But I really wouldn't go a outright asking for money- perhaps a loan, but you don't want to come off as a mooch (even though you're not- you genuinely need financial help, but sometimes it can be interpreted wrong by people). I would just sort of discreetly and indirectly let them know that money is very tight for you right now, and I'm sure that they'll be understanding.
if you need help, there are programs you can go get on, like h.u.d., w.i.c.k., welfare and so on.. some times people need help and thats what they are there for.


they could help you with babysitting, food, rent, bills, drug problems, school and so on.


Once you are well educated (if you are right now) and get a good job, you will have to pay taxes and some of them taxes go to help people thats in a rut in life.





Don't be to proud to go that way. just don't abuse the help.





good luck, hope I helped some.


Paul
absolutley. your family should help you out.
Just as long as you don't depend on them and ask them for every little thing. It's annoying. Family or not - they'll get tired of it, eventually.
Asking family for help can tax the relationship.
i would say 100% its right to ask your family - tell them the truth that you cannot afford to pay her - and possiable offer to baby sit back her child/ren (if she has one/some) to let her have time for herself.
If you're working hard but still need help I don't see the problem in asking for it. If would be different if you're bumming off them. Gdluck to u.

No comments:

Post a Comment