Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My question is regarding my rights to my child as a single parent?

I am a filipino citizen, i am currently 7 months pregnant and living without my baby's father here in the Philippines. The father is a portuguese citizen. He works on the ship but is now currently in Portugal for vacation. He has been sending me monthly financial support for the past months but has made it clear that he wants to take the child from me, once the child is old enough to fly onboard a plane. I am very much afraid that he will do this. I carried our child for the past months without him giving me emotional support. when we met, he didn't tell me about an existing gf, but when i told him i was pregnant, he never failed to make me feel that he didn't love me. He almost always said it. Now while i'm here, carrying our child, He is with his gf having a garnd tour of Europe. I don't want to lose my child but i don't know what the Portuguese laws are regarding this situation. I just want to be ready, just in case.My question is regarding my rights to my child as a single parent?
Youre now in the Philippines, so Philippine law will cover your situation.


Since you are a single parent and a filipino, your child is a filipino





THE CONSTITUTION OF THE


REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES





ARTICLE IV





CITIZENSHIP





Section 1.The following are citizens of the Philippines:





(2) Those whose fathers or mothers are citizens of the Philippines;





If youve written the guys name in the birth certificate of your child and your child carries the name of his biological father then he has a direct claim to his child. But if you have not given your child his/her fathers name then the only way for the guy to claim the child is through a DNA test





But as ive said you and your child is under the philippine law


the childs costudy will be in her/his mothers hand until he reaches the age of maturity, an when he reaches maturity and his/her biological father is still claiming him/her as his son/daughter you will have to go to court, the outcome of the case may depend on many factor in other case when the child is old enough to decide for her/himself he/she is the one who decides where he/she wants to beMy question is regarding my rights to my child as a single parent?
In any case if father wants the kid he has to refer to the court of the country where you and your kids are living so it is the law of your country which will be applicable.





Wait till the time your husband demands the kid then you can always hire a solicitor of your country and he can get you the help according to your country laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment